世界中のソーシャルに関するニュースを紹介、配信するサイト

<電子書籍> グーグルの電子書籍の特徴は「サービス中心論理」による電子書籍エブリホエア(何処でも電子本)!!


  ニューヨークタイムスの記事ですが、グーグルが電子書籍販売を正式に始めました。(この月曜日です。)現在、米国の書籍販売の9-10%が電子書籍です。
グーグル電子書籍販売の特徴はopen ecosystem(オープンなエコの仕組み)であり、3百万冊以上(ほとんどは無料、数千冊が有料)あり、4000の出版社が参加しているそうです。
 売れた書籍はグーグルが小売店として30%貰うそうです。
 しかしポイントは「サービス中心論理」にあります。一度、書籍が販売されれば、その管理と補完はクラウド(サーバー側)で実施されます。ですから半分自宅のパソコンで読み、続きを途中から電車に乗ってiPhoneやアンドロイドモバイル、タブレットなどで読むことも可能です。しっかり何処のページまで読んだか管理してくれます。
 書籍を「もの=ライセンス販売」と見るのではなく、サービスと考えるわけですね。
最近、流行のサービス科学を先取りした考え方です。
 だからグーグルの電子書籍は電子書籍リーダーの全てのオープンフォーマットに対応するそうです。アプローチが非常に広いですね。またアマゾンと同じアフィリエートプログラムも実施します。
 尚、同じ事は映画やドラマの販売にも今後当てはまると思われます。
テレビエブリホエア(何処でもテレビ)の考え方が新聞エブリホエア(何処でも電子新聞)から書籍エブリホエア(何処でも電子書籍)へとサービス中心論理で大きく進化を始めています。
 <解説>
  最近流行のサービス科学では、コンテンツ販売をライセンス販売=物としての販売とみなす「物中心論理」とライセンス販売ではなくサービスとみなす「サービス中心論理」の対立があります。もの中心論理では、ライセンスの範囲を巡って何回までコピーを許すとか、アプルのパソコン上でのみ視聴可能などの制限が厳しいのが特徴です。一方サービス中心論理では、一度、お金を払えば、あとはどんな機器であれいつでもどこでも自由にコンテンツを楽しめます。発想が根本的に異なるわけですね。
 さてグーグルの言うopen ecosystem(オープンなエコの仕組み)とはDigital Entertainment Content Ecosystem(DECE)を意味しています。これはデジタル著作権の新たな仕組みであると共にサービス中心論理を前面に出だした画期的なものです。グーグル自身は参加していませんが、グーグルが買収を発表したワイドバインは参加しています。ネットフリックスやコミュキャストなど60社が参加しています。
 一度、映像や書籍、音楽を買えば、最初の媒体がDVDであれ、ネットダウンロードであれ、基本はサービスとしてクラウド上に原版を保管し、モバイルやパソコン、スマートテレビ、何れは自動車などユビキタスな機器により何時でも楽しめると言うものです。
 DECEが2011年には具体的なサービスを開始すると考えられていますので、加盟していないグーグルやアプルもそれを参考にせざるを得ないわけですね。
  http://www.uvvu.com/members.html
 ★★ Google Opens Doors to E-Bookstore
  http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/07/business/media/07ebookstore.html?_r=1&ref=technology

Google executives described the e-bookstore as an “open ecosystem” that will offer more than three million books, including hundreds of thousands for sale and millions free.
More than 4,000 publishers, including large trade book companies like Random House, Simon & Schuster and Macmillan, have made books available for sale through Google, many at prices that are identical to those of other e-bookstores.
“We really think it’s important that the book business have this open diversity of retail points, just like it does in print,” Tom Turvey, the director for strategic partnerships at Google, said in an interview. “We want to make sure we maintain that and support that.”
Customers can set up an account for buying books, store them in a central online, password-protected library and read them on personal computers, tablets, smartphones and e-readers. A Web connection will not be necessary to read a book. However users can use a dedicated app that can be downloaded to an iPad, iPhone or Android phone.
A typical user could begin reading an e-book on an iPad at home, continue reading the same book on an Android phone on the subway and then pick it up again on a Web browser at the office, with the book opening each time to the place where the user left off.

A crop of e-readers introduced this year has given consumers more choices, at prices that are competitive, even less than $100. Google e-books will be readable on any open-format e-readers, including the Nook, a development that publishers said would give consumers greater freedom.

Perhaps most important, five of the six largest publishers of trade books switched this year from a traditional wholesale model to what is known in the publishing industry as an agency model. Under that model publishers set their own prices for e-books, and a retailer acts as an agent of the publishers, taking a 30 percent cut of each sale and leaving 70 percent for the publisher.

 ★★ DECE,コンシューマに向けた新しいデジタル・コンテンツの著作権保護方式の名称を「UltraViolet」に決定
  http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/article/NEWS/20100722/184360/
  日本ナレッジマネジメント学会 専務理事 山崎秀夫 borg7pf9 twitter

関連記事

2020年6月
« 3月    
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930